Our baby

Stationery card
View the entire collection of cards.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me :)

UTAH!
So usually I spend my days out here trying to get down to the family history library for a class or research, but today....I decided no stress on my birthday--just fun! :)  What's funny is that my idea of fun has consisted of a early morning drive up to Park City to drop Rob off at work, then take his car to an outlet Mall, followed by facebookin', bloggin', and probably more shopping at Kohl's to use up a few gift certificates :)  I AM super excited about dinner tonight at the Mayan--good friends that happen to be up here in Utah are joining me. I LOVE that birthdays have become an excuse to wine & dine with friends!! (Well, minus the wine. We are Mormon, y'know ;)
Utah State Capital (Capitol?!)
SO! Utah's been great! There seems to be a ton to do up here, an plenty of good company :) While flying into Salt Lake City, this new song called Say Hey (I Love You) was playing, and I completely fell in love with it! It's now the first song on the playlist below--enjoy!! I've toured the Conference Center, as well as seen an awesome Art Exhibit there, Gone to This is the Place park, hiked Ensign Peak, done the Hogle Zoo thing, seen a hilarious play making fun of Utah (Utahoma), and in general just enjoyed being in a place cooler than the 115 degree Arizona!
Conference Center Tour
Catchin' a little Mo-Tab Practice! (Mormon Tabernacle Choir)
Hogle Zoo Pics

Y'know it's funny, but I don't feel old today. Should I?? Twenty-Seven seems like such a cooler age to be than turning 26 did. I also feel extremely blessed. I have been thinking non-stop about the girls of the First Ward Relief Society back in Phoenix, and just feeling so blessed to know them, love them, and learn from them. Heart you guys!!  For some reason, Utah has brought back a lot of memories of BYU & Mission stuff....just a reflective time right now, and I'm loving it :)

PS don't I keep cute company???? ;)


3 comments:

Crystal said...

lol...Yes, you do keep good company. ;)

Glad you had a good birthday!

Courtney's Corner of the World said...

YAY!!!!!!!! Sooo cute hon! We miss you too down here. I'd say "Cooome home!!!" buuuuut he is WAY too cute! Have a blast!

Mandy said...

I LOVE Bocce Ball- We will have to play when you get home! Have fun during the rest of your time in Utah and with your family in Delaware